AAAI 2020 Fall Symposium Series / AAAI 2020 Spring Symposium Partial Colocation
Sponsored by the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence
Washington, DC, November 11–-14, 2020
- Final Registration Deadline: October 9 (see below for details)
- Registration Form
The Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence is pleased to present the 2020 Fall Symposium Series. Several of the Spring Symposia will be colocated with the Fall Symposium on November 11-12.
Symposia generally range from 40–75 participants each. Participation will be open to active participants as well as other interested individuals on a first-come, first-served basis. Each participant will be expected to attend a single symposium.
The topics of the six fall symposia are as follows:
- AI for Social Good
- Artificial Intelligence in Government and Public Sector
- Postponed until 2021: Cognitive Systems for Anticipatory Thinking
- Conceptual Abstraction and Analogy in Natural and Artificial Intelligence
- Physics-Guided AI to Accelerate Scientific Discovery
- Trust and Explainability in Artificial Intelligence for Human-Robot Interaction
Spring Symposium Colocation
This year, due to the COVID-19 outbreak, several symposia from the Spring Series will be held during the Fall Symposium Series. As a result, each series will be slightly abbreviated to (2) days each, rather than the usual (2.5) days each. The fall event will be structured as follows:
- November 11-12: Spring Symposium Presentations
- November 13-14: Fall Symposium Presentations
The four Spring Symposia to be colocated with the Fall series include:
- Postponed until March 2021: Applied AI in Healthcare: Safety, Community, and the Environment
- AI Welcomes Systems Engineering: Towards the Science of Interdependence for Autonomous Human-Machine Teams
- Deep Models and Artificial Intelligence for Defense Applications: Potentials, Theories, Practices, Tools, and Risks
- Towards Responsible AI in Surveillance, Media, and Security through Licensing
Detailed information about the spring symposia can be found at the Spring Symposium Site.
Registration and General Information
October 9, 2020: Registration Deadline
ALL ATTENDEES MUST PREREGISTER. The FSS-20 symposium registration fee includes admission to all prerecorded and interactive sessions at your symposium. All accepted authors, invited speakers, symposium participants, and other invited attendees must register by October 9, 2020. While registration will remain open after the registration deadline, we encourage all to register by October 9 to facilitate organizational planning.
To register, please complete the online registration form. For questions or further information, please contact AAAI at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Member: $85.00
Nonmember student: $115.00
AAAI Platinum Registration
(Includes AAAI membership, plus the conference registration fee)
Regular One-Year: $290.00
Regular 3-Year: $725.00
Regular 5-Year: $870.00
Student (One-Year): $160.00
To register online, please complete the form at (https://aaaiconf.cventevents.com/fss20). Students will be required to submit proof of student status during the registration process.
The deadline for refund requests is October 16, 2020. All refund requests must be made in writing to email@example.com. A $50.00 processing fee will be levied on all refunds granted.
General inquiries regarding the symposium series should be directed to AAAI by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall Symposium Series Cochairs
Christopher Geib (SIFT)
Ron Petrick (Heriot-Watt University)
For more information about the 2020 AAAI Fall Symposium Series, you should consult the following:
- Call for Proposals (2020)
- Call for Participation (2020)