Sponsored by the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence.
The Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence presented the 2013 Fall Symposium Series, Friday through Sunday, November 15–17, at the Westin Arlington Gateway in Arlington, Virginia. The titles of the five symposia were as follows:
- Discovery Informatics: AI Takes a Science-Centered View on Big Data
- How Should Intelligence be Abstracted in AI Research: MDPs, Symbolic Representations, Artificial Neural Networks, or — ?
- Integrated Cognition
- Semantics for Big Data
- Social Networks and Social Contagion: Web Analytics and Computational Social Science
An informal reception was held on Friday, November 15. A general plenary session, in which the highlights of each symposium were presented, was held on Saturday, November 16.
For more information about the 2013 AAAI Fall Symposium Series, you should consult the following:
- Call for Proposals (2012)
- Call for Participation (2012)
- Registration Brochure (2012)
- Registration Leaflet (2012)
Symposium Technical Reports
Some AAAI symposia are available as technical reports. For contents and ordering information, consult the Spring or Fall sections of the AAAI Press Technical Reports Catalog.