Submission Call for Short, Informative AAAI Videos
AAAI solicits submissions to a new competition for educational AI videos for general audiences. Our goal is to create positive videos that help spread informative, accurate, and timely information about AI research and applications for the general public. Winning videos will be publicized by AAAI and shown on its website and at the annual AAAI conference. We strongly encourage student participation, and special consideration will be given to video productions led by students.
Videos should be between 2 and 3 minutes long, with English narration or English subtitles. The ideal video will be self-contained, so that a member of the general public can watch it and understand it with little other context or knowledge. Videos with entertainment, creativity, and/or humor are encouraged, but the central focus should be on good, informative AI content. Videos can discuss any AI topic from a variety of perspectives. Objectives may include, but are not limited to:
- Highlight your own (contemporary or previous) research
- Focus on the activities (research and/or application) of your (or another’s) group
- Introduce viewers to an exciting new AI-related topic
- Document some long-term activity of a senior researcher
- Include interviews with key researchers/practitioners
Any AI-based topic is welcome, but we particularly encourage:
- Large language models
- AI and ethics
- Societal impact of AI
- Risks of deployed AI
Videos will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Educational content and understandability by the general public
- Relevance to AI (research, instructional, and application)
- Degree of excitement: entertainment value, engagement and novelty
- Presentation and video quality
How to enter the competition:
Submit your video by placing it at a publicly-accessible www site and complete a submission form. All developers of nominated videos will be asked to sign a distribution license form. Videos must not contain any copyrighted video, audio, or characters, and must be appropriate for viewers of all ages.
All submissions are due no later than January 5, 2024 (11:59 PM Eastern Time).
Notifications will be sent on January 26, 2024.
Final videos will be due to the organizers by February 9, 2024.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.