AAAI-21 Call for Diversity and Inclusion Activities
February 2-9, 2021
- September 28, 2020: Electronic submissions due
- October 30, 2020: Notification of acceptance or rejection
Participation in AI by groups that are underrepresented in computer science is a fraction of what is needed to have an AI workforce that reflects the diversity in society. Diversity has many facets, including race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and cultural background.
We would like to invite submissions of proposals for activities that will help broaden participation in the AI field. Activities can range from meetings for specific groups, to panels, workshops to discuss the situation and propose changes, reports on outreach activities, and more.
The proposals should be short (2 pages, pdf) and should address the following:
- What activity is proposed and its specific objectives
- Who will be the chair of the activity
- What is the target audience (academics, industry, graduate students, undergraduate students, etc)
- What is expected number of participants
- Duration of the proposed activity (1/2 day, 1 day, 2 hours, etc)
- Will the activity be by invitation only or will it need an open call for participation/registration/submission, and what is the expected timeline (call out, deadline, notification)
- Funding needed (if any) and potential sources of funding
Diversity and Inclusion Chairs
For inquiries, please contact AAAI at firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Minnesota, USA
Temple University, USA