AAAI 18 Press Policy
For the Media
We are accrediting journalists for this year’s AAAI conference. Journalists accredited for the conference will receive the following:
- A press pass identifying them as an accredited journalist
- Complimentary conference registration
- Access to the press conference
- Access to the AAAI press liaison
- Access to on-site press room for conducting interviews
- Access to wifi
All journalists will be notified on a rolling basis whether their application is accepted or denied. If your application for a press pass is accepted, you will receive an email and be directed to register for the conference.
Please note: Accredited journalists may be given access to information presented at AAAI that is proprietary, off the record, or in some other way restricted. In these cases, the conference will provide appropriate publication guidelines in advance
In advance of attending the conference this year, you may want to check in with the communications or media team that manages media interaction with your organization/institution. Here are few key things to remember when participating in a conference with an active media presence:
- All accredited journalists attending the conference will be identifiable by a ribbon on their nametag, which will be distinct from general attendee tags.
- Your organization/institution may have an established media policy or strategy. Check with your media team or manager about what strategy your group intends to follow regarding interactions with the media.
- If you are unsure about how to react or respond to a journalists questions, direct them to speak with your communications team member, or the AAAI press liaison.