Disclaimers, Indemnifications, and Limitations of Liability
- This website is provided "as is." AAAI makes no express or implied warranties with respect to matters such as accuracy, completeness, timeliness, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, and merchantability in regard to the content on this website.
- AAAI assumes no contractual liability for trademark or other infringements on intellectual property rights with respect to infringing material provided by third parties to AAAI or posted on this site by third parties.
- AAAI assumes no liability for errors or omissions of material that appears on this website.
- AAAI shall have no liability for damages arising from any reliance on data, information, or other content published on this website.
- The aforementioned disclaimers (1-4) shall apply with equal force to any and all material provided by reference, hyperlink, or in response to an inquiry submitted or directed to this site.
- Neither the mention of, citation to, or other reference to any individual, group, organization, product, viewpoint, opinion, theory or any and all such entities and matters shall constitute an endorsement thereof or infer any association therewith in regard to AAAI. Conversely, the failure to so mention, cite, or otherwise reference shall not be construed, deemed or otherwise understood as implying or inferring anything whatsoever.
Personal Use of Contents
The content of the Site is for your personal, noncommercial use. Content copied, downloaded, or printed must retain all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices. Except as expressly set forth in this Agreement, you may not modify, copy, distribute, disclose, retransmit, sell, publish, broadcast, or circulate this Site in whole or in part without AAAI's prior written consent. For commercial use of any portion of the contents you must secure the written consent from AAAI.
Use of Site
Your use of the Site is at the sole discretion of AAAI, which may deny you further use of the Site at any time, for any reason, with or without cause. Neither your use of the Site nor registration entitles you to continue to use the Site.
In order for us to provide services through this Site, you must provide true, accurate, and current information about yourself as prompted by the Site's registration forms. AAAI is not responsible for transactions resulting from information you provide that is untrue, inaccurate, incomplete, or fraudulent.
Your use of the Site must always comply with applicable law. In particular, but without limitation, you agree and represent not to use the Site to:
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party;
- or upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, network, hardware, or telecommunications equipment.
Links to Other Sites
The Site may contain inks to third party websites. Such third party websites are not under the control of AAAI. Please note that AAAI is not responsible for the accuracy or content of websites of other providers which may have links from this Site. Accordingly, AAAI can make no representation concerning the content of these sites to you, nor can the fact that AAAI has provided this link serve as an endorsement by AAAI of this or any other site. In creating hypertext links to any other website, AAAI is not recommending that website or giving any assurances as to its standing. AAAI is providing this link only as a convenience to you. The inclusion of these links is not intended to reflect their importance, nor is it intended to endorse any views expressed, or products or services offered, on these outside sites, or the organizations sponsoring the sites. AAAI makes no warranties, explicit or implied, regarding the performance of the links, the performance of the outside sites or the contents of the outside sites. If you decide to access linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk.
Registration and Pin Numbers and Passwords
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Site's registration forms; and
- Maintain and promptly update the registration information to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or AAAI has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, AAAI has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
If you would like to update your registration information, please contact AAAI's webmaster.
YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD COMPLETELY HARMLESS AAAI FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, COSTS, AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CLAIMS BASED UPON THE NEGLIGENCE OF AAAI, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THE MATERIALS IT CONTAINS, AND ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. AAAI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, NONINTERFERENCE WITH INFORMATION, AND ACCURACY OF INFORMATIONAL CONTENT. THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREUNDER, OUR EFFORTS, OR THE SITE WILL FULFILL ANY OF YOUR PARTICULAR PURPOSES OR NEEDS.
- AAAI MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE,
- THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR
- THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- NO INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM AAAI OR THROUGH THIS SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
Limitations and Exclusions of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT AAAI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF AAAI HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM:
- THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE;
- UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA;
- STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITE; OR
- ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE.
IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, OR ANY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREON, OR REFUSE TO ABIDE BY THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE YOUR USE. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, AAAI'S LIABILITY TO YOU SHALL BE LIMITED IN ALL INSTANCES TO THE SUM OF PAYMENTS MADE FOR PRODUCTS PURCHASED THROUGH THIS SITE, BUT IN NO CASE SHALL SUCH AMOUNT EXCEED $100. YOU FURTHER AGREE NOT TO JOIN IN ANY LAWSUIT WITH ANOTHER PERSON OR SERVE AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE OF ANY CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST AAAI ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SITE.
AAAI SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY REPRESENTATIONS ON THIRD PARTY SITES IN RELATION TO THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS SITE.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Site is protected by copyright, trademark, trade dress and other intellectual property rights.
- AAAI grants you a personal, revocable, non-transferable, and non-exclusive right and license to use the object code of the Site on a single computer; provided that you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work from, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer any right in the software for the Site except and only to the extent that such activity is permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
- The AAAI logo, and other trademarks, service marks, logos, product names and service names (collectively, the "Marks") are owned or licensed by AAAI. You agree not to copy, display or otherwise use any of the Marks without the prior written permission of AAAI.
The entire Site, and all object code and source code, text, graphics, multimedia content, including but not limited to images, illustrations, audio and video clips, html and other mark up languages, and all scripts within the site associated therewith, are copyright 2003, Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence. All rights reserved.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
You agree not to upload or transmit any communications or content of any type that infringes or violates any rights of any party. It is our policy not to permit materials known by us to be infringing to remain on the site. AAAI has made every effort to secure appropriate clearances for all proprietary intellectual properties used on this site. If you believe any material on this site is infringing, please contact us immediately. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, DMCA, we have registered an agent to receive copyright claims ("Designated Agent").
You may notify us of alleged intellectual property rights infringement by contacting our Designated Agent (Carol Hamilton) at:
- Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence
2275 East Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, California 94303
Please be aware that, in order to be effective, your notice of claim must comply with the detailed requirements set for the in the DMCA. You are encouraged to review them (see 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3)) before sending your claim.
Upon receipt of notice of claimed infringement, we will respond expeditiously to remove, or disable access to, the material claimed to be infringing and will follow the procedures specified in the DMCA to resolve the claim between the notifying party and the alleged infringer who provided the content at issue.
Please do not send any other communications to the Designated Agent, who is appointed solely for the purposes of receiving notices of copyright claims under the DMCA.
AAAI may update, revise, supplement, modify, or amend this Agreement at any time. Any updates, revisions, supplements, modifications, or amendments shall be effective immediately upon its posting on the Site. You agree that you will be bound by this Agreement, however and whenever it is updated, revised, supplemented, modified, or amended, whether you have actual or constructive notice of, and whether you have used or continue to use the Site after, the updates, revisions, supplements, modifications, or amendments.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and AAAI with respect to your use of the Site. There are no other representations, warranties, terms, agreements or conditions, either written or oral, with respect to your use of the Site except as set forth in this Agreement, and there has been no reliance by you upon any such representations, warranties, terms, agreements or conditions.
If any provision of this Agreement is deemed unlawful, void, voidable or unenforceable for any reason, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Governing Law and Venue
This Agreement, the entire relationship between you and AAAI, and any litigation or other legal proceeding between you and AAAI (whether grounded in tort, contract, statute, law, or equity) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to its choice of law rules.
This contract is fully performable in Menlo Park, California. Any litigation arising between the parties hereto shall be brought only in the state or federal courts having subject matter jurisdiction in San Mateo County, California. You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to the jurisdiction of any such court and hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive any defense of an inconvenient forum to the maintenance of any action or proceeding in any such court, any objection to venue with respect to any such action or proceeding, and any right of jurisdiction on account of the place of residence or domicile of any party thereto.
AAAI may terminate your right to use this Site, with or without cause at any time in its sole discretion, including, without limitation, your violation of this Agreement, failure to provide accurate registration data, and lack of use. in the event of termination, all representations, warranties, indemnifications, and promises made by you shall survive.
If you have a comment, question or request, or if you need to contact AAAI for any other reason, there are three easy ways to do so.
- E-mail: You can e-mail AAAI by using the contact form.
- Telephone Number: You may call us at 650-328-3123. If you call after normal business hours, please leave a message and your telephone number. We will get back to you as quickly as possible. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm Pacific Time.
- U.S. Mail: Send mail to AAAI at:
- Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence
2275 East Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, California 94303