AAAI Conference and Workshop Cooperation Guidelines
The AAAI conference and workshop cooperation program is designed for independent conferences or workshops that seek a one-time or ongoing "in cooperation" agreement from AAAI. "In cooperation" status entitles a conference or workshop to state that the conference is being held "in cooperation with AAAI" on any promotional or program materials.
- A listing of your event in the calendar of events in AI Magazine
- The placement of one complimentary quarter-page black and white in AI Magazine, subject to space available (additional cost of $100 if final artwork provided is not in required camera-ready format) OR one complimentary copy of AAAI membership mailing labels (email addresses not available)
- A listing of your conference on the AAAI web site, along with a complimentary link to your conference home page.
Requirements for Acceptance
- Demonstrated interest by a significant number of people, and designed to fill a clear void
- Submission of Call for Participation, which should include a subject description, detailed enough to permit evaluation of relevance to AI and possible overlap with other meetings; list of program and/or steering committee of at least 3-10 persons; when and where the event will be held; event deadlines and contact information; and conditions of participation, including how attendees are to be selected
- Key organizer(s) of the event must be current AAAI members
- Neutral event: if commercial interests are involved, people from different companies should be contacted and have equal access and opportunity
- Discounted registration rate for AAAI members
- Distribution of AAAI membership and conference materials at event
- Submission of 250-500 word conference or workshop report, suitable for publication in the AI Magazine, one month after event
- Submission of a list of attendees one month after the event, including names and addresses
- Commitment to provide a representative speaker to report at the annual Conference on Artificial Intelligence, if requested
Applications or Information
Correspondence regarding AAAI Conference and Workshop Cooperation should be directed to
2275 East Bayshore Road, Suite 160
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Tel: (650) 328-3123
Fax: (650) 321-4457
It is understood that AAAI assumes no financial responsibility for any debts or other financial obligations that may be incurred by conference or workshop organizers, nor any liabilities for their actions.