AI Job Opportunities
Submitted April 20, 2015
Associate Professor (Onsager Fellowship) in Robotic Vision
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) is establishing the Onsager Fellowship program to attract young scholars with a solid reputation for high-quality research (ww.ntnu.edu/onsagerfellowship). As part of this fellowship program, NTNU invites applications for a tenure-track associate professorship in Robotic Vision, affiliated with the Department of Engineering Cybernetics (Institutt for teknisk kybernetikk, ITK). ITK has 10 full professors, 6 associate professors and 1 assistant professor. In addition, there are 11 adjunct professors, 10 postdoctoral fellows and 60 doctoral candidates. Approximately 90 MSc candidates graduate annually. The department is involved in numerous research projects and centers, including a Centre of Excellence for Autonomous Marine Operations and Systems (AMOS).
Applications are invited from candidates in Robotic vision, which is about integrating machine vision deeper into the architecture for real-time sensor fusion and robotic control, enabling information processing to use mathematical models of the robotic system, and enabling the control system to extract relevant information from imaging sensors in real time. This is a tenure-track position at an associate professor level, with applicants expected to have demonstrated world-leading research capability in the field. It is expected that the successful applicant will qualify for a full professorship after the tenure-track period of 6-7 years.
The candidate must have a strong background in both vision and control systems. The ideal candidate would have a PhD involving both areas, and a strong track record of publication. We are especially looking for candidates with experience in optical flow, SLAM, 3D vision, visual servoing, GPU/FPGA programming and embedded systems. The candidate should have a broad mathematical background, including a strong foundation in estimation theory, in order to be able to connect the dots between imaging, dynamic environments and control systems.
Application deadline: May 25, 2015.
See more information and apply at
+47 41 52 58 81
Associate Professor (Onsager Fellowship) in Statistical Machine Learning
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) is establishing the Onsager Fellowship program to attract young scholars with a solid reputation for high-quality research, (www.ntnu.edu/onsagerfellowship.) As part of this fellowship program, NTNU invites applications for a tenure-track associate professorship in Statistical Machine Learning, affiliated with the Department of Mathematical Sciences. The department has 38 full professors and 9 associate professors. In addition there are 1 adjunct professor, 6 adjunct associate professors, about 20 postdoctoral fellows and about 65 doctoral students. There are 7 women in tenured positions. The department has five research groups: algebra, analysis, differential equations and numerical analysis, geometry and topology, and statistics.
The new position is in the field of statistical machine learning. The holder of this position is expected to serve as a bridge between machine learning and the existing research activities of the statistics group and the research group in Bayesian computing in particular. Besides doing research, the successful applicant is expected to give courses and supervise students at bachelor, master and PhD level.
We are seeking candidates who carry out excellent research at the boundary of statistics and machine learning, and who have a PhD in one of the disciplines. The evaluation of candidates will emphasize a strong background in statistical theory relevant for machine learning. An excellent teaching record will be considered an advantage. This is a tenure-track position at an associate professor level, with applicants expected to have demonstrated world-leading research capability in the field. It is expected that the successful applicant will qualify for a full professorship after the tenure-track period of 6-7 years.
See more information and apply at www.jobbnorge.no/ledige-stillinger/stilling/112663/associate-professor-onsager-fellowship-in-statistical-machine-learning
Application deadline: May 25, 2015.
Submitted March 26, 2015
Senior Research Scientist (Intelligent Systems)
US Army Research Laboratory
As the Senior Research Scientist (Intelligent Systems) you will focus on current and future intelligent systems in the areas of perception, artificial intelligence, and human-machine interface/interactions, and mechanics that are critical for development of the Army's future unmanned, near-intelligent, and fully-intelligent systems. The incumbent will conduct theoretical and experimental studies, including extensive use of modeling and simulation tools, for development of perception, planning and control algorithms, and for mobility and manipulation of the environment by advanced robotic systems. Particular emphasis will be placed on human-robot interaction, dexterous manipulation, and unique mobility. While assigned to the US Army Research Lab, US Army Research, Development, and Engineering Command, US Army Materiel Command, as the Senior Research Scientist (Intelligent Systems) you will provide semi-intelligent/intelligent solutions to the US Army, and identify the next generation of technologies that offer the ability for intelligent systems to support military operations. The Senior Research Scientist (Intelligent Systems) will conduct theoretical and experimental studies, including extensive use of modeling and simulation tools, for development of perception, planning, and for mobility and manipulation of the environment by advanced robotic systems. The Senior Research Scientist (Intelligent Systems) will be responsible for development new research thrusts, providing guidance and reviewing word produced by a broad spectrum of researchers. The incumbent provides mentoring, consultation, and stewardship for the creative technical pursuits of Army scientists and researchers in intelligent systems technologies.
Salary and Terms: $121,956.00 to $183,400.00 / Per Year
Company Website: www.arl.army.mil
To apply, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/391958700
US Army Research Laboratory
2800 Powder Mill Road
Adelphi, Maryland 20783
Submitted March 6, 2015
Director for the Center For Communication and Information Technology
Fondazione Bruno Kessler (FBK)
1. The Director is responsible for the overall functioning of the FBK-ICT, answering to the Board of Directors. 2. The position of Director is a full-time commitment. 3. The Director assists the Scientific Committee in its studies and submission of proposals to the Board of Directors. 4. The position of Director is incompatible with other public or private work positions or employment, with membership of the Board or auditing of profit-oriented companies, and with any commercial or industrial activities. The performance of professional activities or consultancy may be authorized by the Board of Directors, on the basis of the foreseen level of commitment and against signed self-certification from the candidate. 5. The position of Director is incompatible with that of Chairman, General Manager or other executive positions inside FBK, and with membership of the Board of Directors or Scientific Committee. The starting date for the appointment must be before January 1st, 2016.
Salary and Terms: The salary of the Director is 150.000 euros, comprised 75% at a fixed rate and 25% on achievement of objectives (MBO). In the case of appointment of an existing FBK employee, the salary will be defined ad hoc.
Company Website: https://hr.fbk.eu/it/jobs
1. In order to participate in the selection procedure for the appointment of Center Director as per art. 1, applicants must complete the following online form: https://hr.fbk.eu/it/jobs. 2 Application deadline: 12 April 2015 (12 a.m. GMT+1) 3. Applications must include: a. a brief statement expressing the applicant's readiness to occupy the position full time, to apply for unpaid leave from the university where the applicant is currently employed (when applicable), and the undertaking to eliminate any cause of incompatibility; b. CV, in Italian or English, complete with a list of academic titles and documents testifying professional appointments and experience; c. a proposal for the development of the center over the next three years; d. three letters of reference.
Human Resources Service (email@example.com)
FONDAZIONE BRUNO KESSLER (FBK)
Via S.Croce 77
Trento, Italy 38122
39 0461 314 444
39 0461 314 444
1. A Director will be appointed by the Chairman of FBK from among the candidates considered most suitable by the Selection Committee, following a resolution of the Board of Directors. 2. A letter of appointment will be sent to the successful candidate, who will have ten days to accept the offer in writing. The temporary contract envisaged for individuals from the private sector or from public entities other than universities or public research bodies and institutes, must in all cases be signed no more than thirty days after the date on which the appointment letter was sent. Failure to accept or sign the contract will invalidate the offer. 3. The starting date for the appointment must be before January 1st, 2016.
Submitted February 13, 2015
Artificial Intelligence Instructor
Stanford Pre-Collegiate Summer Institutes
The Stanford Pre-Collegiate Summer Institutes seeks advanced graduate students, post-doctoral scholars, or industry professionals to teach a three-week course in Artificial Intelligence to academically talented high school students ages 15-17 at Stanford University in Summer 2015.
- High School Program Dates
- Session 1: June 21 – July 10, 2015
- Session 2: July 13 – August 1, 2015
The Summer Institutes are academic residential programs offering high school students advanced-level academic study in a single intensive course. Admission into the program is competitive. Instructors are supported by teaching assistants. Each day consists of 2 hours of morning class time led by the Instructor, plus a 3-hour afternoon period for individual and small group work dedicated to assignments, lab work, and projects led by TAs. This is an ideal opportunity for those who enjoy working with bright, motivated students and are interested in developing or furthering their teaching experience.
Summer Institutes instructors have the unique opportunity to develop their own courses. Courses are intended for academic enrichment and are taken without credit so there are no curriculum requirements. Instructors may teach one or more sessions depending on availability and program needs.
Salary and Terms: Starting at $4800 for each three-week course
Visit precollegiate.stanford.edu/summer/employmentapp.html to submit an online application. Be ready to upload a current CV or resume. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Those not in the Bay Area may be interviewed via Skype. A successful Live Scan background check is required for all instructional positions. Note: SPCS does not sponsor visas for this contingent position.
Submitted January 23, 2015
Graduate Student Internships in Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, and Complex Systems Analysis
Thanks for your interest in Conversant! Here the deal. You're not just applying to some basic technology company. Rather you're applying to a powerhouse that's changing the face of an industry! We're a new company with a 15-year heritasage. We've invested over $1 billion and united five industry leaders — Commission Junction, Dotomi, Greystripe, Mediaplex, and ValueClick Media — to launch and lead the Age of Personalization. We've done what marketers have dreamed of for years, introduced a single platform that offers all the data, technology, insights and personalization it takes to make true 1:1 communication real.
We couldn't have done any of that without our team of superstars and
a culture that celebrates each one of them. Individuals matter just as
much within our walls as they do in the 1:1 marketing programs we
create for clients. Here's what we believe in at Conversant:
Ownership — Were determined to make an impact — preferably a big one — every day.
Integrity — We treat our clients, customers and co-workers with genuine respect.
Teamwork — We believe everything worthwhile is achieved through collaboration.
Innovation — The status quo bores us. Everyone is encouraged to think differently and invent relentlessly.
About these Roles: That's right, roles. We are looking for a half dozen of the best. Our Graduate Interns will work with our Decision Sciences Team, researching and building machine learning applications to extend our personalization platform. Conversants personalization is based on analysis of anonymized data at internet scale, and is used in evaluating 1 trillion advertising opportunities per month — in real-time. As an intern you will be able to apply your machine learning knowledge to real problems with an opportunity to directly impact our business, gaining experience with internet-scale data and state-of-the-art computing clusters. Several of our team members are graduates of our intern program from previous years!
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop a basic understanding of Conversants personalization platform
- Use your machine learning expertise to research and recommend the best approaches to solving one of our technology+business problems
- Implement and validate your solution
- Work with other teams to integrate your solution into Conversant's platform
- Document and present your approach
Ideal candidates would have the following qualifications:
In a Ph.D. program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Linguistics, or related field
Research experience and coursework in machine learning
Fluency in programming (Scala, SQL, R, Python a plus)
Experience with Large Data Sets (Hadoop, Spark, MPP) a plus
Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
Desire to apply your expert knowledge to grow a business
Additional specializations: We have a number of projects, for some of which we would particularly value candidates with expertise in one or more of the following areas: Computer vision, Probabilistic graphical models such as HMMs, Markov Random Fields, and Bayes Nets, Graph and network algorithms, Supervised Learning, Clustering, Mixture Modeling , Recommender Systems, User Profiling, Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, Multi-factor Time Series Analysis, Auction Theory, Game Theory, Real Time Bidding, Anomaly Detection
Conversant is committed to one simple but truly exciting principle: each person is different and every person matters. This mindset fuels everything we do for our clients and for each other. We do magic for our clients and we have fun doing it. If that sounds like your sort of place, wed love to hear more from you.
Salary and Terms: Dependent Upon Experience
Company Website: www.conversantmedia.com
Please Submit Resumes to:
Campus Recruiting Lead
101 N Wacker Dr. Suite 2300
Chicago Illinois 60606
Submitted January 16, 2015
Computer Vision Engineer
The Nest Technology Team is responsible for designing and delivering the intelligent features that make Nest products smart and user-friendly. This team is looking for computer vision engineers to design, implement, and evaluate cutting-edge algorithms to identify interesting features in video streams to make the smart home even smarter by learning about the behavior of users in their homes.
- Developing new algorithms for understanding events in video streams
- Developing new video analysis techniques to improve the performance of existing algorithms
- Tuning and maintaining various components of video processing algorithms
- Working on infrastructure to improve algorithm efficiency
- BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Fluency in at least C++, Java, or Python
- MS/Ph.D. or + Years of Work in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a Related Field
- 5+ years of experience in computer vision
- Strong experience in video content understanding and feature development
- Strong experience in motion analysis and tracking as well as object detection, recognition and classification
- Strong experience in machine learning for vision problems
- Experience in real time video processing
- Experience in gesture understanding and human activity recognition is a plus
Salary and Terms: Industry standard
Company Website: http://www.nest.com
Send resume and cover letter.
900 Hansen Way
Palo Alto, CA 94304 USA
Submitted November 21, 2014
FACULTY POSITIONS Electrical and Computer Engineering
NYU Abu Dhabi
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to recruit tenured/tenure-track faculty in the Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) programs who are distinguished in both their research and teaching. As a part of a major multi-year growth plan, the following areas are of particular interest at the present time: Robotics, Autonomous Systems, and Nano/Micro Systems.
NYUAD has close collaborations with the faculty and students of the NYU School of Engineering and has access to world-class research centers in cyber security and wireless communications, among others. Our students are drawn from around the world and surpass all traditional recruitment benchmarks.
Candidates with a strong record of interdisciplinary research and funding in emerging areas are preferred. Candidates must have a PhD degree in ECE or related disciplines and must have the ability to develop and lead high-quality research and attract external funding.
Salary and Terms: Commensurate with education and experience
University Website: nyuad.nyu.edu/en/
Review of applications will begin January 15, 2015. Candidates should
submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statements of teaching and
research interests, and a list of at least three referees. If the
candidate is shortlisted for further consideration, the referees will
be contacted to provide reference letters. Please visit our website
at http://nyuad.nyu.edu/en/about/careers/faculty-positions.html for
instructions and other information on how to apply. If you have any
questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
New York University Abu Dhabi
PO Box 129188 Saadiyat Island
Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates