The Eighteenth National Conference on Artificial Intelligence
Sponsored by the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence
The Eighteenth National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-02) was held July 28 – August 1, 2002, at the Shaw conference center in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
As the premier showcase of AI science and technology, the national conference will start with workshops and free tutorials from leading researchers. This is an outstanding forum to learn about the state of the art in both new and established areas. The conference will then offer 121 technical papers on the best new research and applications across all areas of AI. This year, for the first time, we will have all the papers presented in two specialized poster sessions, graciously treated with food and drinks. You will have the opportunity to meet and talk with the authors of all technical papers. In addition, there will be a single plenary session, presenting a selected set of papers from diverse areas, highlighting the main directions in those areas, and geared towards unifying and sharing information across the AI spectrum. You will also have the opportunity to listen to five invited talks ranging from traditional to unconventional AI.
It is all happening in beautiful Edmonton, a great place for visitors to explore the North Saskatchewan River, which winds through the heart of the city. The long summer days are great for riverside walks, golf, cycling tours and exploring around town. The world famous Banff and Jasper National glacier Parks, which offer outstanding hiking and sightseeing in the summer, are only four hours away. Edmonton is well known as an active arts and drama city. Visitors can participate in a variety of festivals such as Klondike Days (July 18-27), the Heritage Days Festival (Aug. 3-5), the Edmonton Folk Festival (Aug. 8-11) and the Fringe Festival (Aug. 15-25). Edmonton has more than 2000 restaurants and many shopping centers, including North America's largest indoor shopping mall.
Don't miss it!
Rina Dechter, Michael Kearns, and Rich Sutton
For more information about AAAI–02, please consult the following:
- Conference proceedings.
- List of papers (with links to abstracts) presented at the conference.
- Conference organizers and program committee.
- Outstanding paper award (PDF).
- Conference brochure (PDF).
- Conference program (PDF).
- Call for papers (PDF).
- Doctoral consortium call for participation (PDF).
- Invited talks (PDF).
- Intelligent systems demos call for participation PDF.
- Robot building laboratory call for participation PDF.
- Robot program call for participation PDF.
- Scholarship application (PDF).
- Sponsorship program (PDF).
- Student call for papers (PDF).
- Tutorials call for proposals (PDF).
- Volunteer program application
- Workshop program.
- Photographs taken at the AAAI-02 Conference (restricted to AAAI members only)